Aged Care Strategies
When helping someone move into an aged care facility, it can be a confusing and emotionally challenging time for everyone involved let alone addressing the factors that need to be considered. The rules and regulations are complex and decisions usually need to be made in a relatively short period of time.
Important factors you and your family need to understand include the range of care options and how the aged care system works. We can help you determine the following:
- Whether the preferred aged care facility is affordable in the short and long term;
- Financial implications of keeping or selling your home (if you can use it to fund your aged care);
- Evaluate the different options and strategies for your accommodation payment;
- Review the potential for strategies to minimise the impact on age pension and minimise aged care fees;
- Develop strategies that generate a regular and reliable income to cover your daily care fees and other living expenses; and
- Design strategies that take into account your family situation and estate planning needs.
Munis Somer Accumulator
"I became a client at FFA back in 2012 after the passing of my dear father. My parents had for many years entrusted in them to look after their financial affairs which were very complex, such as retirement planning, super and investment advice. Since our first meeting I have been very happy with the services and advice they have provided me and my dear mother’s complex portfolio. They have greatly helped me in many areas of estate planning,
aged care, super, pension and redundancy.
After 3 years utilising their services I am more than delighted with the professional, high standard services I am receiving to this day as its very refreshing to work with a financial adviser who is truly interested in their clients needs and circumstances. The staff at FFA are always contactable, helpful and courteous and I am highly impressed with the depth of knowledge they offer.
Their ethical and caring nature is why I would highly recommend them to future clients."